HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!
As we get ready to pop the champagne and toast to the new year I wanted to do a little run down of some of my favorite beauty related products from 2017.
But before that….
I get to be sappy. Just for like a couple seconds.
Okay, so seriously, although the blog isn’t a full year old yet, I am so incredibly blessed to have the support system that I do. What started in my dorm room (s/o to 7th floor Stanley Hall) has really grown into a website that I’m hoping inspires and excites my readers as much as it does for me. I love receiving all of the loving and supportive feedback from you all. 2017 has been packed full of changes for me. Not only did Abundance of Abby come to life, but I transferred colleges, started a new job, lost some really important people, and I met some wonderful people. It’s been a wild ride, but I have so much excitement for 2018. On the blog, IRL, and every place in between.
So thank you, because I wouldn’t be the girl I am today, without every single one of you.🥂
NOW ONTO THE FUN STUFF!!!
I decided to write this post just as a fun beauty favorites so I could share what I’ve seriously been loving this year. (And maybe, you’ll incorporate it into your upcoming year!) And although I enjoy makeup and beauty, my friend Libby is seriously so good at makeup. (Seriously go check out her Insta!!) So I asked her to also help me out with this post and share some of her favorite makeup products from the past year.
My 2017 Favorites:
- Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo: A godsend. I kid you not this is my favorite dry shampoo I’ve ever used. It smells so good and doesn’t leave your hair feeling like it’s filled with product. 10/10 would recommend. I’ll definitely be trying more products from Drybar this coming year.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: Alright you know I’m all about being real on this website. And so with that said I obviously break out. I’m a teenager and unlike some of my dear friends I was not blessed with porcelain, blemish free skin. This concealer covers EVERYTHING. Pimple flair up? It’s got you covered. Dark under eye circles from a night full of grinding at the lib? Check. Weird small scar I have on my cheek from when I was a baby? Oh yeah, it covers that too.
- Origins Frothy Face Wash: So like I just said, I break out. Over the past couple of years, my skin has become incredibly sensitive to harsh cleansers and this one from Origins is so nice to my skin. It cleans without irritating and I feel like it really opens my pores. I also love their Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask!
- Buxon (Sinful Cinnamon) Matte Big and Sexy Gel Lipstick: I’ve used this color for a while now, so it’s not necessarily a breakthrough for 2017. However, I definitely used it the most this fall and I love how it’s been looking this winter with different shades of green.
- Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray: Okay I remember seeing this stuff on Youtube and other blogs and thinking it was probably just soooo overhyped. And then I tried it and I can honestly say that my skin is more supple and clear when I use it. They also have an aloe, cucumber, and green tea one, which I have tried, but I don’t feel like I’ve noticed a difference in my skin. It just feels more refreshed after using it.
- Too-Faced Born This Way Foundation: My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. The formula is so creamy, and it gives you a medium to full coverage depending on if you use the beauty sponge or a brush. Also, a little goes a long way when dealing with this stuff, and its so smooth on the skin. Add some setting powder and your face WILL NOT move for hours.
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara: My go-to mascara used to be Perversion by Urban Decay, but now I’ve discovered this cheaper option that works better. It’s THE BEST mascara I have used. It is so black and doesn’t clump easily. It is easy to layer on without looking like you have really bad fake eye lashes on.
- RCMA Translucent Powder: My favorite translucent powder. It’s so cheap and the flashback is almost nonexistent. Honestly, there is nothing worse than having your makeup all done-up and then your under eyes looking like a bolt of lightening when you’re just trying to take a bomb Instagram photo.
- Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Eyeshadow Palette: It has SO many transition shades as well as shimmers and a few fun colors. The formula of the shadow is super creamy and very easy to blend. Also the pan size is a lot bigger than I expected, and this palette will definitely last me a long time. It’s my favorite.
So there you have it folks, our 2017 favorite beauty staples. Let us know what your favorite beauty product was this year either in the comments or on social media!! Also make sure to go show Lib some love on Instagram – I’m high key going to convince her to be my go to guest makeup contributor.
I wish everyone the happiest New Year’s Eve and please be safe out there!!
Talk to you next year! (Yes, I’m seriously ending my last blog post of 2017 with a dad joke.)